Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Walk for Water: Take a Sip in the Right Direction (#WorldWaterDay)

March 21, 2015 @ 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM

GHC100

Got water?

Yes? You’re part of the 66% of sub-Saharan Africans who had access to water in 2014. The remaining 34%? Well, that’s what Cleanacwa‘s “Walk for Water” event is all about! The Walk is in commemoration of World Water Day (March 22) as designated by the United Nations and seeks to create awareness on lack of access to drinking water.

 

  • What: Walk for Water
  • When: Saturday, March 21, 2015, 6:00 GMT
  • Where:  A&C Mall Food Court (start & end point)

 

Why:

  • Clean Acwa is working to bring clean water to 120 communities in Suhum and Ayensuano in Ghana and to launch their national campaign to achieve 100% coverage throughout Ghana. If you ask us, that’s a worthy enough cause.
  • Millions of Africans (women & children especially) walk an average of 6 kilometers to collect water. Take a sip in the right direction; walk for water and help change lives.
  • Can’t walk? Contribute a suggested donation of 100GHC by calling +233 (0) 207 575500. Find out more about water access here.

RSVP via Facebook Event Page.

 

walk_for_water-2_pdf

 

 

 

 

Comments

comments

Details

Date:
March 21, 2015
Time:
6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Cost:
GHC100
Event Categories:
, , , ,
Event Tags:
, , , , , , ,
Website:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1556251341298040/

Organizer

Cleanacwa
Phone:
+233 (0) 207 575500
Website:
www.cleanacwa.org

Venue

A & C Mall
Accra,Ghana+ Google Map
Phone:
+233 (0) 207 575500
Website:
http://www.cleanacwa.org/

Share your perspective

%d bloggers like this: