- This event has passed.
Chale Wote 2014 – Street Art Festival
August 23, 2014 @ 8:00 AM - August 24, 2014 @ 5:00 PM
Looking to meet other creatives and (3000+) folks who appreciate the arts? Want to find out what’s poppin’ on the arts scene? Up to explore some new music, writing, film, fashion – literally everything underneath the artsy sun? Accra’s premier arts and creatives event is here again – Chale Wote Festival 2014! Highly recommend, don’t miss out! Official press release at bottom.
What: Chale Wote Festival 2014
When: August 23-24, 2014
Where: Osu – Accra, Ghana
Why: Hands down, one of Accra’s best. FREE. Would be a shame to miss it.
Updates: Accra[dot]Alt Facebook page
Here’s what’s on the lineup for the two-day event:
- Features from over 120 artists, including 30 Ghanaian visual artists and eight international artists – from South Africa, France, U.S and the UK and Denmark.
- Two-day film screenings and digital art installation
- Live music: High Life Café, DJ Masquerade block party [23.8] and beach concert [24.8]
- Interactive procession by the Takoradi Masquerade [Sat. 24th]
- The Accra Cookout – an int’l food court [23.8 – 24.8]
- The Fashion Marketplace – fashion vendors, street fashion circus
– Photo exhibitions, portrait galleries by Ofoe Amegavie,TJ Letsa
- – Historical walking tours of James Town on each day
Still not convinced? Check out highlights from last year as well as the official press release:
Official Press Release