- This event has passed.
Chale Wote 2014 – Street Art Festival
August 23, 2014 @ 8:00 AM - August 24, 2014 @ 5:00 PM GMT
Looking to meet other creatives and (3000+) folks who appreciate the arts? Want to find out what’s poppin’ on the arts scene? Up to explore some new music, writing, film, fashion – literally everything underneath the artsy sun? Accra’s premier arts and creatives event is here again – Chale Wote Festival 2014! Highly recommend, don’t miss out! Official press release at bottom.
What: Chale Wote Festival 2014
When: August 23-24, 2014
Where: Osu – Accra, Ghana
Why: Hands down, one of Accra’s best. FREE. Would be a shame to miss it.
Updates: Accra[dot]Alt Facebook page
Here’s what’s on the lineup for the two-day event:
- Features from over 120 artists, including 30 Ghanaian visual artists and eight international artists – from South Africa, France, U.S and the UK and Denmark.
- Two-day film screenings and digital art installation
- Live music: High Life Café, DJ Masquerade block party [23.8] and beach concert [24.8]
- Interactive procession by the Takoradi Masquerade [Sat. 24th]
- The Accra Cookout – an int’l food court [23.8 – 24.8]
- The Fashion Marketplace – fashion vendors, street fashion circus
– Photo exhibitions, portrait galleries by Ofoe Amegavie,TJ Letsa
- – Historical walking tours of James Town on each day
Still not convinced? Check out highlights from last year as well as the official press release:
Official Press Release
Jemila Abdulai is the creative director, editor and founder of the award-winning website Circumspecte.com. A media and international development professional and economist by training, she combines her business, communications and project management expertise with her strong passion for Africa. Besides writing and reading, she enjoys travel, global cuisine, movies, and good design.