What do you see when you think of Ghana’s future? Healthy, happy, well-educated children? Curious boys and girls who play hard and grow up to become men and women who work hard? You. Contributing to a more prosperous country? Well, the future has arrived. Here’s your opportunity to make your vision for Ghana’s children a reality.
The iIMAGINEGhana Challenge is geared at supporting “exceptional individuals with innovative ideas and initiatives” related to improving the livelihoods of Ghanaian children (18 years and under), particularly in education, child protection, water sanitation and hygiene, health and nutrititon, voice and youth population.
In addition to receiving need-based financial support ( US$2000-20,000 for a period of one-three years), the 10 social innovators who make it to the final round will be part of a social incubator program which offers business development coaching and mentorship. The Challenge is an initiative of UNICEF & the European Union in collaboration with Reach for Change; application cycle closes April 13.
- *Early stage social entrepreneur: brand new idea, organisation yet to be fully developed or scaled up
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial attitude
- Leadership skills
- Strong passion for social impact and change
*Organisation/company does not need to be registered but must have a track record. Each applicant may submit one idea/project for this cycle.
- Create account via iIMAGINE Ghana application page, submit online form by April 13, 2015
- Application summary report and references submission by shortlisted applicants
- Jury interview pitch session for shortlisted applicants
- Top 10 social innovatorsannounced and entered into incubator program